shopaholics online ♥

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Confessions of this Blogger #004 ❤

And this is the 4th blog feature!

MEET ASHNA COSTER: ASH 'DEFINES*
Name: Ashna Coster
Age: 25
Location: Curaçao
Website: www.ashdefinestv.blogspot.com
Social Networks: Facebook; Youtube
Occupation: Assistant Buyer & Marketing

Are you a Fashion Blogger or a Beauty Blogger?
Well I’m a little bit of each. I have a beauty channel on YouTube because I am a junkie for cosmetics and also I follow everything of fashion. From blogs to magazines, TV; you name it. So I try to post best of both worlds.

What is the name of your Blog? Why did you choose that name?
The name of my blog is Ash ‘Defines*. The reason I choose this name is because before I started doing all these social media events. I used to do styling and makeup as a hobby, let’s say a part time job. My clients/friends would always ask me how I do certain things whether it would be make-up or buying clothes. So when I decided to start my channel and blog the main purpose was to “EXPLAIN” how-to do certain things. Now to use the name “Ashna explains” sounded weird. So I just googled another word for explanation and then “definition” came up. So it became obvious to use “define”. A nickname I have and short for Ashna is “Ash” put them together and you get Ash ‘Defines. The star * at the end is because I always aim high (it looks cute) = Ash’ Defines*.

What made you start Blogging? And when exactly did you start?
Now for my YouTube channel would be, because I have been working for about 3 years as a photo shoot director/makeup artist and stylist before starting my channel. I loved going on YouTube to see tutorials for ideas and to better my techniques. When I was on a job people would always ask me so many questions, so one day I said it would be great if I can answer and show everyone everything at once, without having to explain one by one. It seemed like the international gurus were having fun; so why not! To give it a twist and stand out I decided to do it in my native language Papiamentu in combination with English. I guess I’m the first to ever do tutorials on YouTube in Papiamentu.

One of the reasons I started blogging was because of my YouTube channel. In the beginning I didn’t have the option to post videos longer than 10 minutes, which means a lot of information I wanted to share would stay out of my video. So I needed a website where my viewers can go to and find more information on the topic or if they had missed something. Now a website is too complicated to update so I decided to switch to a blog.

Finally I needed a new hobby! At the time when I started I was a student finishing my bachelor’s degree and I needed something to break away from business. (Btw my hobby landed me a job industry). So I graduated and found a job doing things I love to do.
I started exactly a 1 year and 4 months ago.


What do you like the most about Blogging?
I love blogging because it’s a whole entire world. You can share and design everything your way. Also the idea that there are people out there that have the same interest and

thoughts is so amazing. I personally love to read and write, so it came naturally to me that I enjoyed sharing my world with others.


Where do you get your Ideas/ Inspiration for your Blog Posts?
Everything around me. Especially for my make-up tutorials I try to be more creative as possible. Like right now I have a perfume inspired series. Major influences come from other blogs/magazines/TV shows/ YouTube channels (vloggers)/ Make-up Gurus.

Have any Future Plans for your Blog?
Yes, but for that you would have to follow to know what will happen. :) haha..

Who is your Favorite Blogger? And Why?
Oh wow good question! I think I have too much to mention. I would have to divide it into 3 categories because I follow Local bloggers, International bloggers, and Celebrity bloggers. If I would have to just choose 1 right now, it has to be Monica Rose. She is my favourite stylist and I just love to keep up with her world.

Do you socialize with your Followers?
Yes! Definitely! I really enjoy when I get comments on all my social networks. I try to post questions to get a view of my followers taste and opinions. I just enjoy it. So please talk to me more often!! :)

What makes you follow a Blog? (What should that Blog have?)
First it should have a unique feeling. I enjoy blogs where I really get to know the blogger and her/his world. I dislike copy paste. It doesn’t matter what your blogging about but just that I can understand who that person is makes it interesting to follow.

Any last advice for an aspiring Blogger?
Be yourself. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 reader or a 1 million, just keep it real and enjoy what you do. If you enjoy it, others will too.

What is your Personal Style?
My overall personal style is Classis, Romantic, Casual Chic, Edgy, Street and bohemian. Yes it’s a wide range but I mix it up depending on my mood and feeling. Look at pictures below about my style.

(sorry if the pictures are too small, but the quality would have been really bad if I changed the proportions)


Who is your #1 Fashion Icon?
Celebrity would be Lauren Conrad and Scarlet Johanssen.
Stylist: Monica Rose and Rachel Zoe.


What is your #1 Favorite Beauty Product?
Mascara and bronzer.

If you could have any career in Fashion, what would you be?
Editor and Chief of a Caribbean Fashion Magazine and E-magazine. (Actually I already work in the industry, but my ultimate position would be that)






















THOUGHT ASHNA WAS VERY INTERESTING? CHECK OUT HER BLOG AT: www.ashdefinestv.blogspot.com

--

Interested in being featured just like Ashna? send me a mail to shopaholicoverhere@hotmail.com

Xx


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me comments! I love reading them as they are the highlights of my day :) Please don't be a stranger, I would love to see your pretty faces again soon ♥