shopaholics online ♥

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Confessions of this Blogger #013 ❤

And this is the 13th blog feature!

MEET LIZ: ONCE UPON A SHOE

Name: Liz
Age: 24
Location: Northern New Jersey
Website: www.lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com
Social Networks: Facebook
Occupation: Paralegal

Are you a Fashion Blogger or a Beauty Blogger?
I am a bit of both actually. I like to do posts about Hauls, Outfits of the Day, and I also do makeup looks, swatches you name it. I talk about pretty much anything that comes into my head at any given moment. I've also done some book reviews and plan to start doing recipes soon.

What is the name of your Blog? Why did you choose that name?
The name of my blog is Once Upon a Shoe! To be honest it's what took me so long to start a blog, I wanted the perfect name. It was so hard to come up with something I would be happy with after all it had to be something I was happy with and represented me. I started brainstorming for like a month ( yeah I took it a little too seriously hehe) but in the end it came down to my two favorite things in this world (besides my kids & fiance) which is shoes and reading. Those two things combined made what is now my blog name and I am really happy with it :)

What made you start Blogging? And when exactly did you start?
I think it was a bunch of things from following fellow bloggers to having all these great finds in clothes, makeup, etc. and having no one to share them with. While I do have my fair share of fashionista's around me I felt I needed an extra outlet to express myself and find people around me who share my same interests. I started my blog back in February of this year so I've been on here for almost three months.

What do you like the most about Blogging?
I really love all the feedback I get it makes me feel like I'm actually getting to know these ladies especially when it's fellow bloggers who stop by my blog regularly and show their support. But most of all I just love expressing myself where I felt other social networks really limited me.

Where do you get your Ideas/ Inspiration for your Blog Posts?
Pretty much from everywhere magazines, blogs, people walking down the street, etc. etc.

Have any Future Plans for your Blog?
I take it day by day but I really want to make my blog informative while still being fun. I don't want to ever sound like some kind of promoter for a specific brand or product, I want it to always have that feel like if we were talking in person and having a fun conversation about all things beauty and fashion.

Who is your Favorite Blogger? And Why?
My favorite bloggers would have to be Kandee Johnson, Shopaholic (such a down to earth girl and so sweet actually taking the time out to feature us all new bloggers as a way to get to know each other that is Awesome!), Dulce Candy, Sonia Castaneda, The Budget Babe the list goes on and on.

Do you socialize with your Followers?
Yes I always like to respond to a comment from a blogger and go on their pages to see their new posts and comment as well. As a new blogger I feel we need to socialize and reach out to one another now more than ever to give us that boost we need to continue with our blogs and not feel as if there is no out there hearing us. Sometimes though a few do slip through the cracks since when I see them and about to respond my little one cries or something interrupts me and they I forget to and by the time I remember it's way too late but socializing is a must in my opinion. Obviously though when a blogger has so many followers I can understand why they wouldn't as much since they would probably never be able to leave their computers haha

What makes you follow a Blog? (What should that Blog have?)
I like a blog that's fun to read and again it feels like they are talking to me. I get seriously turned off by a blog that has all these excerpts or quotes directly from websites because then I don't get that feeling of one on one.

Any last advice for an aspiring Blogger?
I would say post what you enjoy and keep it fun. Keep it real and let your personality shine through.

What is your Personal Style?
This is such a hard question for me, I have never been able to pinpoint an exact personal style. I am drawn to "Girly" a lot but I have months I feel "Rocker," "Boho," "Classic" you name it I've felt it.

Who is your #1 Fashion Icon?
My number one fashion Icon would have to be Jessica Alba. I love how her style always seems to be evolving.

What is your #1 Favorite Beauty Product?
Gosh this is such a hard question for me. It's so hard to pick just one since there are two things I wear every single day without fail and that is my Mac Prolongwear SPF 10 Foundation and Clinique SPF 40 sunscreen.

If you could have any career in Fashion, what would you be?
I would be a stylist! How fun it must be to have a job that involves shopping for beautiful clothes.



THOUGHT LIZ WAS VERY INTERESTING? CHECK OUT HER BLOG AT: www.lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com

--

Interested in being featured just like Liz? send me a mail to shopaholicoverhere@hotmail.com

Xx



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature!! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great blog introduction doll...You're so sweet for doing this for all these fab ladies.

    XoXo
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments! I love reading them as they are the highlights of my day :) Please don't be a stranger, I would love to see your pretty faces again soon ♥