Working in a warehouse (Bijenkorf) and being surrounded by tons of mirrors all day can really boosts your confidence. But when all you see is your face with damaged hair on your head, it's not a pretty picture. For me and most girls, wintertime is hair's biggest enemy yet: static hair, damaged hair, dry hair and blablabla...
If you recognize some ( or all ) of these winter problems, keep on reading cause I've got some tips for you.
These are from Andrelon.nl
1. To give your hair and scalp an extra boost, apply some body lotion (for normal to oily hair) or body milk (for dry hair) into your hair and leave it in overnight. When you wake up the next morning your hair should feel soft en moist, once you rinse it out. Don't forget to sleep on a towel so you don't mess up your pillow case.
2. When you're washing your hair, make sure you use cold or cool water when rinsing. Your hair gets a natural shine.
3. This one might sound logical, but do not go outside with wet hair in the winter (when it's freezing) . Not only will you get sick, your hair can freeze and fall off!
4. When you get static hair, try using a conditioning hair cream when combing your hair. Or you can also try a anti-static hair treatment lotion.
5. If you have split ends, the best way to take care of it is to get a hair cut. If you don't cut it off as soon as possible, it can keep splitting up into the 'healthy' part of your hair. You don't want that would you now?
6. A wool cap does not only look cute, but also protects your hair from getting all crazy static hair.
These are from Hair Care Guide
7. In winter time try to limit your use of 'hot items' such as blow dryers and curling irons.
8. And if you must use hot items, use a leave-in conditioner before starting.
These are from TeenVogue
9. Especially in Holland I know girls that wash their hair almost every day, or more than 4 times a week. Try not to wash your hair as often in wintertime, cause it actually does more damage to your hair than anything else.
10. Nobody likes frizzy hair, and that is a result of lack of moisture. So be sure to use anti-frizz products for your hair.
Do you have any other hair tips for wintertime? Please share, we all need it bad.