shopaholics online ♥

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Confessions of this Blogger #008 ❤

And this is the 8th blog feature!

MEET JAYMARIE: JAYMARIE
Name: JayMarie or Jay
Age: 19
Location: DMV Area, USA
Website: It's JayMarie
Social Networks: Twitter, Chictopia
Occupation: Student

Are you a Fashion Blogger or a Beauty Blogger?
I am a fashion blogger, but I like to add some posts about beauty sometimes.

What is the name of your Blog? Why did you choose that name?
The name of my blog is JayMarie. It comes from my own name; Jay comes from the “J” in JaNisha and Marie comes from one of my middle names. I’m so bad with names and usernames, but I loved that one.

What made you start Blogging? And when exactly did you start?
I started blogging because I loved looking at other fashion blogs and I really want to start my own to help other people. I love giving advice on anything!

What do you like the most about Blogging?
I like networking and communicating with bloggers. You meet so many amazing and talented people. I love how blogging had personally given me another awesome hobby where I can use my creativity and it had definitely helped me in my own style. If I’m going to blog about a fabulous outfit or comment on one, why not look fabulous myself? I have gained a lot more confidence and I love it.

Where do you get your Ideas/ Inspiration for your Blog Posts?
I get inspiration from things that I want to buy like backpacks for example. I’ll do a post with adorable backpacks while shopping for one. Magazines, TV and conversations with people are also where I get a lot of inspiration from as well. There’s just so many things I probably don’t even know that some things inspire me.

Have any Future Plans for your Blog?
For my blog I really want to start featuring bloggers and girls with awesome fashion. In the summer I even want to consider street fashions too. I also really, really want to open an online vintage store! It’s a dream!

Who is your Favorite Blogger? And Why?
One of my favorite bloggers is Cyan over at shutterbug-z.blogspot.com. She just has an amazing style and she’s so cute! Her red hair is a dream. I love her posts on how her week was and what she did with pictures. I just always love seeing her new posts!

Do you socialize with your Followers?
I try to socialize with my followers as much as possible with replying to comments and sharing my Twitter! I also welcome anyone to inbox me at anytime. I really would love to make some awesome friendships with my followers. I met a girl online years ago and we’re still really good friends. I love her and I think it would just be awesome to have any type of relationship with my followers. I need a blogging best friend. LOL (:

What makes you follow a Blog? (What should that Blog have?)
I follow a blog that has a really nice layout, but I don’t put 100% judgment in that. I also like a blog with original content. Some blogs with magazine scans and whatnot is okay, but they just get boring and are really distant from the blogger themselves. A blog should just have personality and a very nice look that’s easy to read and navigate through.

Any last advice for an aspiring Blogger?
DO IT! And keep doing it! It’s definitely exciting and fun! It can be intimidating with famous bloggers, but everyone starts somewhere. Your motives and ideas may change, but it’s what makes you a better blogger! You only live once, so follow your passions.

What is your Personal Style?
My personal style changes depending on my mood really, but I always go for something cute even if it’s just an on the go outfit. I always go back to neutral colors like brown, black and white.

Who is your #1 Fashion Icon?
I love Sienna Miller’s style. It’s always so simple and chic. It looks like she just effortlessly picks out her outfits!

What is your #1 Favorite Beauty Product?
I love Wet ‘n Wild, but I think I’ve fallen in love with CoverGirl’s Lash Blast (orange) mascara. My lashes just look amazing.

If you could have any career in Fashion, what would you be?
My goal is for a career in the fashion magazine industry. I really want to layout pages for fashion magazines and work in the art department. I’m currently an art student, but I want to incorporate it with fashion!THOUGHT JAY WAS VERY INTERESTING? CHECK OUT HER BLOG AT: It's JayMarie

--

Interested in being featured just like Jay? send me a mail to shopaholicoverhere@hotmail.com

Xx

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving me comments! I love reading them as they are the highlights of my day :) Please don't be a stranger, I would love to see your pretty faces again soon ♥